The main reason that people adopt a frugal lifestyle is to save money but if done right your health can also be helped quite drastically by the changes you make.
Here is a list of 5 reasons why cutting back and saving cash could also save your health.
1. Frugal living often has the side effect of you eating less meat in your diet. A low meat diet is thought to help with many health issues such as blood pressure and cholesterol.
2. All that bargain hunting and saving on public transport means you are likely to be using your legs for walking a lot more. Walking frequently is well proven to keep your heart working well and helps burn off calories keeping your body fat down.
3. Restaurant meals often contain much more salt and fat than we would use in home cooking so as a side effect of not eating out you will eat less fat and salt, again helping with things such as cholesterol and blood pressure.
4. In a pursuit to find less expensive hobbies and things to do you will likely find yourself doing things such as hiking or playing sports in your local green areas. This stuff promotes health via regular exercise.
5. This is something that may take a while but…. By being frugal you will use less and affect the local environment far less. In turn your local environment will have slightly cleaner air and less environmental problems… Also spreading the word to all the locals too will help with this.
Let me know if you have anymore ideas why Frugal Living is good for your health.
Thanks for reading,