Best Paying Jobs for Young People – Just because you are young doesn’t mean you have to settle for jobs that are paying peanuts. There are many jobs and careers that can allow you a great standard of life.
Best Paying Jobs for Young People
I’m not a database of numbers so I started doing a little research and there are some great sources out there showing some great jobs and careers for young people in various scenarios. Below you’ll find a few sources and I hope you’ll read on through each source for more information.
Top 20 jobs for young people
Here is a list from CNN Money including median pay for each job.
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative – $93,700
- Product/Brand Manager – $90,100
- Sales Representative – $86,800
- Property Manager – $81,400
- Investment Specialist – $72,000
- Financial Adviser – $66,800
- Recruiter – $60,800
- Staff Nurse (RN) – $59,800
- Paralegal – $53,700
- Engineer I – $53,600
- Meeting/Event Planner – $52,600
- Engineer I: Environmental, Health and Safety – $52,400
- Marketing Specialist – $52,400
- Public Accountant – $50,100
- Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor – $49,400
- Network Administrator (entry level) – $48,100
- Information Technology Generalist – $47,800
- Public/Private School Teacher – $47,500
- Massage Therapist – $44,300
- Real Estate Agent – $41,300
Source: CNN Money.
Lucrative Jobs for Young Careerists
Job Journal looks at some lucrative options.
Workers Openings Annual Average
Occupation under 25 per year Growth Salary
- Actuary 13.0% 3,000 23.2% $81,640
- Physician Assistant 12.9% 10,000 49.5% $72,030
- Admin Service Mgr 8.0% 25,000 16.9% $64,020
- Network System & 8.7% 43,000 54.6% $61,750
Data Com Analyst
- Technical Writer 8.2% 5,000 23.2% $55,160
- Program Director 9.5% 11,000 16.6% $53,860
- Agent/Business Mgr 13.9% 2,000 11.8% $53,800
- Occupational Health 8.2% 3,000 12.4% $53,710
& Safety Specialist
- Commercial and 8.7% 7,000 10.8% $52,500
- Credit Analyst 10.3% 3,000 3.6% $50,370
Source: Job Journal.
10 High-Paying Entry-Level Jobs
And from an AOL article, a look at some great paying entry level jobs.
- Investment Banking Analyst - Median annual salary: $73,000
- Assistant Actuarial Analyst - Median annual salary: $54,000
- Junior Tax Associate - Median annual salary: $53,000
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative - Median annual salary: $51,000
- Auditor - Median annual salary: $49,000
- Wind Turbine Technician - Median annual salary: $47,000
- Health Care Research Analyst - Median annual salary: $47,000
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Analyst - Median annual salary: $44,000
- Forensic DNA Analyst - Median annual salary: $41,000
- Law Research Associate - Median annual salary: $40,000
Of course not everything is about money and just going after the big bucks is likely going to end in dissatisfaction. You should always chase a career that you feel you want to do for the rest of your life and that will fulfil the things you feel are important in life. A lot of these careers may pay high but they require a lot of long hours, hard work and are not walks in the park! But should a career / job be easy?
What job did you or are you hoping to start with?
Related: Obsolete Careers
Thanks for reading - Best Paying Jobs for Young People