We all know that cheap Halloween masks can be found at the $1 store but let’s face it 99% of the time they are cheap because they are absolutely crap!
The best ways to get a decent mask for very little money is by 1) making it yourself or 2) buying one from a good online retailer such as Amazon.
Well let’s look at both of those options.
1) Making Your Own Mask
This is by far the most fun. Here are some ideas:
- Gets some cheap fake leather from your local fabric store and stitch it together in pieces to replicate the mask of skin worn by Leatherface in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
- Instead of a mask just get some fake blood and cover your face like you are a zombie or have been attacked. Put it in your hair for extra effect.
- Remember doing papier mache’ as a kid? Well You can use that to build up and paint a mask. For a simple one you can start off with a balloon and use that as the base. Some people are amazing at these masks and a quick Google search brings up loads of inspirational tips and ideas.
- Drip some liquid latex on your face to make your skin look like it’s melting.
- Buy one of the cheap masks from the dollar store and pimp it out with paint and other things. You may have to get some paint specifically for plastic so this may work out more costly
2) Purchasing Online
If you buy from a reputable retailer like Amazon (Check out Amazon – Halloween Masks) you can get fast delivery and rock bottom prizes. Many of the masks on the left of this page are only $10 or less. The others are not much more. Amazon stocks pretty much every mask you would like and most at competitive prices. You could also try Ebay, I am sure they have a great cheap selection.
Read the Rest of the Frugal Halloween Short Series
Frugal Pumpkin Carving – A great tip for saving money on pumpkin carving.
Cheap Halloween Party – 10 tips for a cheap Halloween party.
Cheap Halloween Masks – Some ideas for you to make your own masks and some links to some well priced retail masks.
Cheap Halloween Costume – Ways to create a cool costume for less.
Cheap Halloween Decor – More tips for decorating your home for Halloween.
Note: To be in line with FTC Rules, I have to mention that Amazon sales processed from links on this page will give me a small commission.