This is just a quick posts with some easy and fast tips and guidance for how to pay less tax. It is by no way complete so please do not hestitate to add your thoughts and ideas in the comments section.
Ideas on how to pay less tax
- Save all receipts and transactions and claim on anything you are allowed
- Get an accountant (often they save more than they cost)
- Claim ALL your benefits
- Move to a state with lower taxes
- Earn less money (weirdly in some cases a pay cut may yield you the same /similar money for less hours work due to taxes)
- Get married, apparently married couples pay less tax and get extra benefits!
- Move to another country, many countries have much lower tax than USA!
- Claim all charitable donations, even giving old clothes to Goodwill offers you a small reduction in tax
Let us know in the comments what other ways you know to save tax, get credits or decrease what you owe in any way.