Most Dangerous Cities 2011 -
Even in 2011, it’s important to be aware of some of the most dangerous cities in the world. Being aware of the crime and poverty that affects people everywhere is part of your responsibility as an international citizen. It can help you understand world events, what kind of people need the most help and give you the information to pass along to other people.
Below I’ve compiled two different lists of dangerous cities that I think are important to be aware of.
The first list is of the Most Dangerous Cities 2011 in the World:
1) Bogota,Columbia – violence from narco-terrorists have made this the world’s most dangerous city.
2) Cuidad Juarez, Mexico – unfortunately this city is riddled with murders and kidnappings.
3) St. Louis, Missouri - the American city is ranked third in this list as the FBI finds it to be one of the most dangerous city in America due to the prevalence of drugs, rape, murder, assault and robbery. There is the frightening average of 2,070 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
4) Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Between recovering from natural disasters and drugs and the fact that the police force is almost non-existent, this city is one of the most dangerous in the world in 2011.
5) Mogadishu, Somalia – this city is riddled with terrorist activity and military violence. It is essentially a war zone.
This list is sourced from UrbanTitan.
The second list is of the Most Dangerous Cities 2011 in America:
1) Flint, Michigan
2) Detroit, Michigan
3) St. Louis, Missouri
4) New Haven, Connecticut
5) Memphis, Tennessee
All of these American cities have been determined by FBI data to be the most dangerous cities in the country. They all share similar attributes like: low median incomes, high unemployment rates which probably in part contribute to their high violence, crime and murder rates. A lot of these cities also used to be big time industrial cities where now there is no industry and therefore no work for people.
I think it’s time we introduce more industry to America — perhaps going green and building fuel efficient vehicles and solar chips, etc in these American cities could provide work for people and in the end do a lot of environmental good.
What do you think of the Most Dangerous Cities in 2011?
If you’re looking for other eclectic information about cities in the country, check out America’s Wettest Cities.