One of my regular readers and blogging friends sent me this snappy little article out of the kindness of his heart! Shaners doesn’t beat around the bush and this article is no exception with 20 quick firing thrifty and frugal tips for us tightwads!
Shaners can be found blogging at many places but his home site is ShaneHiggenbottom.com. I suggest you go check him out , he is a lot of fun once you get to know him.
A big part of living in a frugal way is Learning to be frugal with your money.
Learning to save money instinctively is crucial to develop frugal living skills.
By starting early, and turning saving into a habit, you’ll be preparing your self and your family to
grow financially stable.
Check out these 20 frugal tips to save money and make it a family affair:
- Add to a savings account regularly.
- Stick to a budget.
- Set savings goals.
- Instead of hiring that plumber or contractor to do odd jobs learn to do them yourself.
- Eat out less.
- Learn basic plumbing or auto repair.
- Give handmade gifts and cards.
- Shop sales.
- Use coupons.
- Compare prices – don’t buy anything at full retail cost unless YOU HAVE TO.
- Read library books instead of purchasing them.
- Consider buying second hand computers, dvd’s and cd’s.
- Don’t carry money, cultivate the art of window shopping, just don’t buy any windows.
- Check out the thrift shops, yard sales and the classifieds – you can often find brand names.
- in excellent condition for the fraction of the retail cost.
- Repair rather than replace.
- Take good care of your possessions.
- Buy well made products that wont need to be replaced as quickly as some others
- Stick to shopping list – Avoid impulse buying.
- Buy in bulk – shopping at warehouses or stores that sell in bulk is a great way
- to save money.
- Go to the matinée showings at the movies instead of full-priced shows, or rent DVD’s instead of buying them.
a WordPress rating system